Monday, July 28, 2008

iPhone, AT&T, MMS

Well, I got my first MMS message on my iPhone the other day. Ugh. It came as a text message (SMS) which read:
I sent you a multimedia message. You can view my message w/in the next 7 days via the web at www.viewmymessage.com using ID A1843 and password M6572
Well, that's pretty handy, except that I then need to open up a browser (by clicking on the provided link) and then key in the cryptic userid and password that I am forced to remember or write down because cut and paste is a concept foreign to the iPhone development team.

This is now my new number one priority, along with being able to record movies, send MMS messages, transfer files using bluetooth add cut and paste and receiving MMS messages. Wait, ok, I'll throw you a bone - if you add receiving MMS messages, I won't need to cut and paste ids and passwords back and forth, so that's lower priority.

AT&T - you meed to hire people to proofread the things you put on your site. This text, for example, is not really English:


See how you've used "this" twice in the second sentence? This is kind of stupid. Here, I'll reword it for free for you:
Your login is being verified. Depending on your Internet connection speed, this may take a few minutes to complete. If it does indeed take a few minutes to complete rather than a few seconds, you should contact your Internet Service Provider and tell them that AT&T says your connection sucks and you want your money back.
See - much better. The first one is free. After that, it costs money.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home