Tuesday, July 15, 2008

iPhone 3G

Patience paid off.  I walked into an Apple store yesterday afternoon and walked out with a new iPhone.  Unlike everyone who felt compelled to stand in line for untold hours (don't you people have lives, jobs, self-esteem?), the whole process took under 30 minutes, most of that time being spent waiting for AT&T to adjust my account so that AppleStoreGuy could activate the phone in my name.

I got the white one, mostly because they didn't have any 16GB black ones.  I think I wanted a black one more, but I convinced myself I only wanted the black one because they didn't have any.

I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet, but I've done a few things - I connected to my home wireless network, I paired it with my Prius, I took a couple of pictures.  I even synced it with iTunes on my desktop which magically copied all of my contacts from my old phone to the iPhone.

I am disappointed in one aspect though - Bluetooth.  I can't remember having a phone that had Bluetooth that didn't let me transfer files from my phone to a PC (all of the pictures I post here are phone pictures).  I remember hearing horror stories from Verizon users about how their phones had crippled Bluetooth stacks.

On the other hand, for Halloween this year, I'm going slightly non-PC - I'll color my teeth blue and roll around in a wheelchair - get it?  Crippled bluetooth?  Yeah, ok, it's a stretch.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home