Thursday, March 20, 2008

Check Please!

I have a CD at Wells Fargo that was going to mature this week, so I popped in over the weekend to ask them to automatically roll them over. Seemed pretty easy - "Hi, I'm Milton Dorkenhoff, can I have my CD automatically rolled over, it matures on Wednesday?

And it was. We discussed the ever declining interest rate (hey, thanks Bush Administration, are you sure the economy is doing well? And where's my $300? I want to go buy some crappy "Made in China" electronics), and she told me that she would roll my CD over at whatever the current rate was on Wednesday.

Fast-forward to Wednesday.. My cell phone rings, it's her.
Her: Hi, this is Bertha at Wells Fargo, I'm calling about your CD that is maturing today
Me: Yes, I know. I stopped by and asked that it be rolled over automatically
Her: You did? Who did you talk to?
Me: You
Her: Really? Hmm.. Oh, right, here it is, I'm sorry
Me: Uhm, sure.
Her: Ok, I think we're set then.
WTF Bertha! What was the point of my stopping by if you were just going to forget that I was there anyway?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home