Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Comcast, Progress?

Finally, after over three months, I've gotten some sort of response from Comcast regarding "the case of the disappearing channels." Sadly, it wasn't worth the bits it was written with. The reply went something like this:
We're sorry it took so long to get back to you. I've talked with assorted people here at Comcast and can assure you that we are under no obligation to notify you about channel reassignments from one tier to another.
Ahh, marketing people, that was slick. "From one tier to another" - that would be "from analog to digital" presumably. Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. But, not only did you change the tier, but you change the channel positions. And that, my friend, is exactly what the FCC says you need to notify me in writing about.

Upon pointing this out, I received a "we'll need to research this with our lawyers."

Fast-forward 10 days or so, another email shows up - asking if I had only received voicemail messages about the changes.

Doh! Where have you been? What do you think this is about? Read my blog, sheesh. No, actually, don't read it, I say mean things about you.

Yes, that is correct, I am complaining and trying to get my local government after you because you only left me voicemail messages and didn't notify me in writing at least 30 days before you changed my channel lineup.

Why do I feel like I'm repeating myself? Is this a strategy - wear me down? Ha! It won't work. I've got the law (and cut/paste to resend things) on my side!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger ComcastCares said...

On behalf of Comcast, I would like to thank you for providing the feedback. Typically we announce channel changes through a variety of sources, including phone, statement information and within the public record, such as a local newspaper. I would like to research what occurred and see what I can do to make the transition easy for you. Please send me an email with your name, address and account information.

Thank you for being a Comcast Customer!

Frank Eliason
Comcast Executive Office
frank_eliason@cable.comcast.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home