Monday, January 07, 2008

On the Debate

Ethel and I watched the ABC Facebook Debate the other night. I didn't quite get the whole facebook part of it. I guess if I got off my ass and looked at the URL they mentioned it would have made more sense, but that's not really the point of watching TV, is it..

We didn't bother watching the Republicans. The only Republican candidate we really care about is Fred Thompson, in Law & Order reruns.

The Democrats, that's where the meat is.. Bill Richardson scared me. He's the epitome of American glut. I can't see voting for him. What's with the hair Bill - was that a toupe? If it wasn't, you might want to get one, it'd look more realistic.

And would you stop banging the table under the microphone? Please? Yes, we're all excited about you and the things you've done. Note, however, that even when asked about your plans, you focussed on things you had done in the past. That's nice, but it doesn't answer the question, not directly anyway. It answers it indirectly though - in the future, when asked a question, you will answer a different one. That would put you on par with our current administration (hint: that's not good).

John (Edwards).. I'm not sure what to think about you. You seemed sincere, but you also seemed to be Barack's wingman, not really standing on your own. Did you guys plan that, or is it just how it worked out? It's almost like you've decided he's going to win the nomination and you're sucking up to be VP already. Don't worry, if he wins, I'm sure he'll choose you (choosing Hillary would mean two firsts should the party win, that's a bit of a stretch, no?)

Barack/Hillary.. I don't know. I wish I could vote for both of you. Wait, I can. Is it too late to register in Florida?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home