Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Mis-Steaks have been made

Sheesh, does it end.. The cafeteria today featured some sort of Philly Cheesesteak derivative. Instead of thinly sliced bits of meat, they used flank steak, thickly sliced, with the grain. People, please. If you slice it with the grain, then you force me to attempt to bite through it against the grain. That's just not pretty. Slice it against the grain. Here's a resource that explains it all.

I brought it to the attention of the manager, expecting to be telling him something he didn't already know. I was wrong. He knew! But apparently he hadn't shared this tidbit of info with the guy who had the knife. Perhaps now he will. Right, there will be a knifing later and it will be my fault.

The funny thing is, I've fallen for this ruse before, countless times. The steak "looks" good, but upon closer look (i.e. after it's been paid for when it's on your plate), it's apparent that it's sliced the wrong way and you're left with deciding - do I just tough it out and hope I can bite through it, or do I use a knife and fork?

Every time I've gone with the "bite through it," I ended up with a slab of meat dangling from my mouth slapping against my chin. Yum.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home