Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sears'd

Sears, oy.. Last week 4 large boxes showed up on our front porch, so I called Sears to schedule an appointment. Their voicemail system said I already had one. Wow - is that great or what. They probably tracked the parts via UPS and proactively set up an appointment for me. Ten points for doing that, you're on your way to winning the house cup.

But you lose the points, because you didn't actually ever tell me that was when the appointment was, you left it to me to call and find out.

The repair man arrived - it seems that all Sears repairmen smoke and have wired cellphone headsets. Or maybe it's just the ones they send to my house. Anyway, he arrived, and went right to work, banging away in the garage. For two hours he banged away.

And then he was done. Quite proud of his work he was. My washer will be silent (I wonder if that includes the buzzer) he said.

Then he gave me the bill.

Parts: $575
Labor: $120
Total Cost: $695

Warranty covering it all: Priceless


You have to wonder though. I only paid $650 for the washing machine.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home