Thursday, November 01, 2007

Trick or Treat?

Halloween came and went, without trick or treaters this year. How sad. Don't get me wrong, we're never overwhelmed by trick or treaters - we usually get less than 10 kids (more candy for me?) but this year there were none. And I think I know exactly who to blame.

It would be the Nazi neighbor who got the people across the street evicted. Damn her. So what if he was (past tense) in a gang and and his friends played handball in the parking lot across the street from my house (yes, my house, not yours). What business is it of yours? I'm sorry he scared you.

Did you ever consider talking to him? No, not through the police, I mean like actually saying hello. I did. When I saw him, I said hello. And he said hello back. It was almost like he was a real person. Now he's gone as are his cousins are gone (my trick or treaters). It's quiet in the neighborhood now - that would be the lack of kids playing I think. I wonder what their lives are like now, where they ended up. I bet they don't have a front yard to play in anymore. But that doesn't matter, because you're not afraid. Some people confront their fears, you get yours evicted. I can't wait to see who moves in next. Registered sex offender maybe?

Was it you who called the police about the beat up pickup truck parked our front houses the other day? Did that bother you too? Because someone was living in it? Here's the thing.. Someone who is living in their car probably doesn't have a lot of money, so when their truck (read "home") gets impounded, they're probably not going to be able to get it back..

Congratulations, you just made someone's life go from bad to worse. And for what? Do you can go on pretending you're better than them.

When does it end?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home