Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dear Senator Feinstein and Friends

What could you possibly be thinking - immunity from prosecution. You represent me. It was through my vote and the votes of others like me that you arrived in office. You are supposed to be voting in favor of measures I'm in favor of and against those that I am against. That's why I helped to elect you, because I thought you stood for the same values I stood for.

Was I wrong? The government went to the nation's telephone companies and said "give us your data." The telcos said "oh, ok, sure, here you go." That's wrong. The Statue of Liberty says "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..." It doesn't say "Give me your tired, your poor, those yearning to have their personal communications illegally shared. Why should they get immunity - because they were coerced by the government into providing the information? Perhaps the government should be added to the pending lawsuits!

Are you the same congress who ripped Jerry Yang a new one a few weeks back because Yahoo!® shared private information with the Chinese government that led to the imprisonment of Shi Tao? How is this different? Because we are us and they are them? The word of the day is hypocrite; as in "you are a hypocrite and should be ashamed of yourself."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home