Thursday, May 24, 2007

Office Innovations

The other day I was sitting at my desk working on a problem. I just about had it figured out, when I had to "go." But I didn't want to go - I was sure I would figure out the problem if I just stared at it for a minute or two longer. That's when it hit me. Why should I leave my office just to "go." It's a waste of time. Ignoring that time spent actually "going," the time spent walking to the rest room and back is unproductive. And if I bump into someone along the way, there's the gratuitous conversation that ensues..

And that was when I came up with The Deskside Dumper™ (images to follow). It's so obvious - I can't believe no one has thought of it before. It's a toilet in a desk. Slide out a desk "drawer" and a comfortable porcelain seat slowly flops into place. Use it as you would any toilet, and when you're finished, slide the drawer closed and get back to work. Imagine the time you'll be saving!

If you're like me, you have at least one desk drawer that's not currently being used and can be converted to a Deskside Dumper. In my case, it's a lower drawer, filing cabinet size (that means it holds a large volume of "crap").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home