Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bad Dog!

Every once in a while, a story jumps out of the headlines at me and I ask myself "holy shit, is this for real."

The story about Michael Vick and dog fighting did so today. Maybe he was involved in it, maybe he wasn't, that's ultimately for a jury to decide if he's charged (famous football players are 1 and 0 in jury trials), but I had to laugh when I read the comments of some of the other players (who hopefully don't read this so they won't beat the crap out of me).

Take Clinton Portis, of the 'skins (not one of my favorite teams, Go Cowboys). He said:
... "putting him behind bars for no reason." ...

"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not," Portis said. "But it's his property; it's his dogs. If that's what he wants to do, do it."
I guess Clinton's degree was in law?

By quick show of hands, how many people think you can do whatever you want on your private property? Ok, those of you with your hands up (note: I didn't say "simon says"), have you read the Patriot Act lately?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home