Monday, April 23, 2007

Dough-nations

I get hit up fairly regularly for donations, by everyone and their brother. The Obama campaign called me a couple of times, CityTeam Ministries called me (they stopped calling me when I told them I couldn't possibly give money to an organization that would sanction the assasination of President of a sovereign nation), the blood bank calls me to remind me that I'm "overdue". But I couldn't believe the call I got the other day.

A man called and said "I'm so and so, I'm with Paramedics and Firefighters something or other, we're collecting money to help burn children."

Excuse me? What kind of sick bastard are you - collecting money to help burn children. Aren't the children of the world suffering enough already without you wanting to burn them? And why would you possibly think I would give you money to burn them? You people make me sick. You should be put away for a good long time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home