Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Amazing Race

« April 2, 2007 Update: I've changed my mind. After this evening's performance, I've got no problem with Charla and Mirna being eliminated. Sorry ladies, the whiny bitch/cheesy accents got to me. Thanks for playing along, there're some nice parting gifts for you backstage.»

Ok, you caught me - I still watch Amazing Race. I know I had planned on not watching it, I'm not sure what drew me to it - maybe it was the hopes of seeing Rob and Amber (not!) again. Who knows, but I'm watching it again.

Phil, I've got to tell you - you've really cleaned up your act. This season is up there. Of course, that could just be clever manipulations of my expectations on your part - you know, run a few seasons that suck (you have to admit, the last few sucked completely), then even a mediocre season will look great?

Or maybe it's the people you've got on the show - the All Stars - how did you decide who was an All Star and who wasn't? I don't recall being asked. If I was, I'm pretty sure Teri and Ian wouldn't have made my top 12 list. And Kevin and Drew? What were you thinking?

But all in all, I think this season is going well. A few weeks back, we gave Rob and Amber the heave hoe. I can't say that I ever liked them, but I was starting to appreciate them, certainly more than I did the first season they were on. And I certainly preferred them to Kevin and Drew.

It was nice to see Charla and Mirna come in first (two weeks in a row now). But couldn't you have maybe edited out the part where they both said "what's a catamaran?" - you know, don't make them out to be complete idiots. Isn't Myrna a lawyer? Hmm.. As long as we're talking about them, can you maybe ask them to stop speaking to everyone, everywhere as if they had Spanish accents? Yeah, lose the accent ladies, it's lame.

Good call bring Joyce and Uchenna back. They were cool their first time around, and are shaping up to be cool again. Speaking of shaping up, Joyce looks a little different - did she get implants? Seriously, did she? You go girl - money well spent in my book!

And all of the drama last week, with the people getting stuck in South Africa, on standby for a couple days, and Eric and Danielle being taken off the plane - that was cool. Customer service, right out of the JetBlue handbook. Good stuff!

Keep up the good work Phil, and I'll keep watching!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home