Sunday, March 04, 2007

Linksys CIT400, Strike Three, Hit the Showers

Well, I think I've figured it out. My CIT400 Skype phone works great all the time, except when its base station is in close proximity to my Linksys Wireless Access Point (WAP54G). It's feels good to have solved this little mystery. Though I'm at a loss as to why a device that operates at 1.9GHz would be interfered with by a device that operates at 2.4GHz; maybe a refresher physics class would help, or possibly a "why your cheaply made device bleeds out at many frequencies" class.

Too bad for the phone, it's going back (unless anyone wants it? $150, and its yours, warranty provided by Linksys - good luck with that). Sure, I can move it away from the access point, but I don't want to.

Maybe I'll give the Netgear SPD200D a try - it costs a bit more ($200), but maybe the extra $50 went into quality, or training competent support people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home