Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Week in Review

Wow.. I thought I had sort of a shitty week, but in all honesty, mine pales in comparison to that of his honor, King George.
Me: Some code I inherited misbehaved and required a few days to figure out
King George: Went to South America and was booed everywhere he went

Me: Found out a couple more people I worked with were heading out.
King George: Saw my best friend's little buddy (Scooter) convicted.. Scooter Pies anyone?

Me: Had some product requirements changed a few days before we were supposed to ship things
King George: Found out that Congress was not a bunch of complete idiots and didn't go for the whole "please, pretty please, with a cherry on top, let Karl and Harriet talk to you not under oath, I promise they won't lie" spiel again.
Yeah, I'm much better off. I've figured out the code (note to software developers: there's a construct in most programming languages called "a comment" - use it, it'll make the lives of others easier), and, well, I've accepted that some people need change.. And, another colleague has jumped at the chance to make these last minute changes so I can relax for five minutes.

George, on the other hand, he's just totally screwed... He apparently thought people in South America liked him. Obviously he was mistaken - gee, that's rare (you'd think that whole Chavez thing would've have sent some sort of message?). Not only do people here not like him, but people there don't like him either. Oh well, fear not Georgie, mommy and daddy still love you..

The Congress/attorney general thing. Yeah, six of one, half a dozen of another really. On the one hand, you can offer up the heads of Alberto, Karl, and Harriet, but realistically, who's going to buy it? You played that card with Scooter.. Alberto tried to explain his way out of it and failed. Confession is good for the soul.

And, then there's the whole FBI misuse of power story? Man, when it rains, it pours, don't you think?

Here's a thought - maybe it can all be blamed on Khalid Sheikh Mohammed? He's confessed to being the mastermind in the Sept 11/World Trade Center thing, and he confessed to killing Daniel Pearl. I think I also read that he claimed to have been behind the sinking of the Titanic too, no? Something like "American infidel, I towed the iceberg into the path of the Titanic!" Was he in the book depository too - the infamous "second shooter"?

Come on, you can do it - get your man Turd Blossom on it, he'll spin us a good yarn..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home