Monday, March 05, 2007

Joke's on me

Ha ha ha, the joke's on me. I picked up a Netgear SPH200D yesterday in hopes of moving beyond the "interference from my access point using a completely different frequency range problem" my Linksys access point and Linksys CIT400 Skype phone had and was sadly disappointed.

The Netgear phone is identical to the Linksys phone in all ways, right down to the firmware level. In fact, the only differences I could find between the phones were:
  1. Form-factor - the Netgear phone is white/silver rather than black/silver, and a bit wider (which makes its display look sadly small), though it has a more "comfortable" keypad;
  2. The Netgear phone came with a blue ethernet cord rather than a yellow one (much more stylish);
  3. The Netgear phone cost $50 more
Other than these, the phones were identical, right down to the issue with my access point. I was even able to register a Netgear phone on my on the Linksys base station (for real - I tried this)..

I guess the Netgear phone is going back too..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home