Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ode to the Hot Chick

Tomorrow's the hot chick's last day. It's sad to see her go really. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with watching her go anywhere really (wink wink), but knowing that she won't be back totally sucks. Never again will she shuffle around the office in her blanket and slippers. Never again will we watch her carefully fish the mussel out of her nabeyaki udon. Never again will I wonder, sometimes outloud, "why the hell don't you just order it without the mussel!"

I guess it's not such a big surprise that she's leaving. She hasn't seemed particularly happy here in a while. Sure, she smiled, but you could tell her heart wasn't in it. It was a "that was funny, wait, I hate being here, why am I smiling" sort of look. Hopefuly she'll be happier in her new place and fit in better - rumor has it everyone there wears slippers around the office.

I think we're going to make her cubicle into something of a shrine. Maybe some nice scented candles or incense.. I wonder if we can have candles. I'll have to look into that. Maybe if we promise not to light them, or to keep a fire extinguisher handy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home