Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Get out the vote

"Get out the vote"

What the hell is that supposed to mean? To me, it sounds like a "vote" is something that would be tucked away in the closet or under the sink.. I can just about picture Archie Bunker shouting "aww jeez Edith, the dog crapped on the floor again, get out the vote and clean it up."

I'd like to propose a new slogan to inspire people to vote:

Vote, Dumbass, Vote!

It's concise, simple, and yet elegant. I read that only around 40% of the people who could have voted actually did. That's a shameful number. And yet we're excited that it's so high. We're just so used to crappy turnout that anything is good?

Did you vote? If so, great. If not - why not? Do you have a good reason? If you look at the election outcome, is that how you would have voted? If not, ha, serves you right. If you had gotten off your ass and voted, you might have made a difference. But you didn't, so don't bitch about the way things turned out, you gave up that right when you didn't vote.

I voted. Some things went my way, some didn't, that's just the way it goes. But I voted nonetheless, so I have the right to bitch about how the country is being run. And rest assured, I'm going to be bitching...

1 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Tom said...

I voted, and all I have to say is this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home