Saturday, October 25, 2008

Election 2008

I thought for sure I'd have trouble figuring out how to vote on the various measures on the upcoming ballot. But I came up with a foolproof strategy. I am voting against whomever lies the most. It's just that simple.

Take Proposition 8 for example. The Yes on 8 people have run ads on TV that say that if proposition 8 is not passed, then gay marriage will be taught to kids in school. Interesting idea, but it's not true. Clearly they're trying to mislead me, so I'm going to side with the No on 8 camp.

And then there's Proposition 2 - it's all about humane treatment of farm animals. The No on prop 2 people have said that this will increase costs such that farmers in California will be put out of business, which would mean all of our farm animal-based foods would be brought in from out of state. The funny thing is, the eggs in my refrigerator now, at this moment are organic, from free range chickens in Petaluma, CA, so it seems that the No on 2 people are full of crap. I will therefore, vote Yes on 2. I'm guessing that this sort of thing is just fine for the No on 2 people?

And so it goes, down through the ballot measures. Thanks to everyone for making my choices easy this time around.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home