Tuesday, January 16, 2007

New Years Resolutions

It seems like many people in the Bay Area have a new years resolution to drive like idiots. I ran into at least three on the freeway in the past few days.

First, there was the blue minivan, with a handicap license plate no less. He/she was driving along on my left side as I approached an exit ramp, then, of course, he sped up and cut in front of me. I suppose the thing that bothers me most is that there was only about 20 feet between my car and the one in front of me. Yeah, he was handicapped - but in this case, I think his handicap was "inability to judge distances"..

And there was the crazy man in the blue and white Mini (license plate "USA COOP"). He came up behind me, but I wasn't going fast enough for his tastes, so he waved frantically at me to go faster. Sheesh fella, keep it in your pants. There are several other lanes to choose from, drive in one of them. And, seriously - do you really think you should be driving that fast with neither hand on the steering wheel? Seems like you're just asking for trouble if you ask me..

And, let's not forget the woman in the silver Audi TT (pronounced "tuh tuh"). She was quite a character - drive past someone, a quick blink of the signal light and blam, cut right in and then wave apologetically. Ok, she signaled and she waved apologetically, so she gets partial credit. But she did it repeatedly - perhaps she was suffering not only from "inability to judge distances" as contestant number one was, but also "no short term memory" and "failure to learn from mistake"?

Yup, 2007 is going to be a great year..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home