Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Microsoft Bing Commercials

Dear Microsoft,

Your "bing" commercials suck. They're incredibly annoying. Second only to the Bill Gates/Jerry Seinfeld commercials you had not too long ago (nothing personal Bill/Jerry).

Don't get me wrong, I understand what your message is, that your search results aren't littered with useless pieces of information like the results from some other engines might be. But rather than taking this negative approach and criticizing others, why not be positive and highlight your bing's results, which are clear and concise, free from all of the meaningless bits.

To this effect, I've written a small skit for you. Feel free to use it or not. If you do use it, I only ask for a free Windows 7 upgrade (Professional, please), and maybe you could feature me in one of your $1000 computer commercials?

Ok, here goes..

A couple is walking down the street. Suddenly the man breaks out in song (American Pie, by Don McLean)...
Him: I drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was try and good old boys were drinkin' whisky and rye... Hey, what's rye? Not bread, right?
Her: Uhm, I don't know. It's a grain, alcohols are made with grain.
At that moment, they walk past a bus stop. A stranger, possibly John Ratzenberger (aka Cliff Clavin from Cheers), waiting for the bus overhears their conversation and interjects:
Stranger: It's a whiskey, the American version is made from a mash of at least 51% rye.
Him: Wow, thanks stranger.
And so on..

You've got to admit, it's far more positive than the rubbish you're running right now. Let me know what you think.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home