Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Musk mellonhead

Ugh, people are such idiots. I was flipping through Popular Science this morning and came across an interview they did with Elon Musk. For those who don't know, Elon founded PayPal, then went on to found Space X (famous for blowing up rockets in an attempt to do things better and cheaper than NASA), and more recently Tesla Motors.

Tesla's been in the news quite a bit over the past year or two. First there were issues with their transmissions, then there were management shakeups, and most recently, issues surrounding the amount of money they had left versus the number of cars they had on order, and so on. I wonder if
Bernie Madoff was a Tesla board member. Hmm, if the shoe fits..

Sorry, I'm rambling. Anyway, the interview. Holy crap. Talk about hypocritical. When asked whether he lived a green lifestyle, Elon replied:
I'm not too hardcore about being green. I think it leads to a very constrained life. I have the Roadster and a Porsche Turbo. But once the sedan comes out, I'll hand in the Porsche. Waste is not good, but we can't conserve our way to a solution. If everyone were a super-green conservationist, it would just delay the inevitable. We have to find sustainable means of producing and consuming energy.
Whoa! It leads to a constrained lifestyle? What does that mean? How are you constrained? do you mean if you drive a fuel-efficient car you can't do 150mph down the freeway? Sure, I'll give you that. Are there any freeways around that have a 150mph speed limit? No, I thought not.

You're right, we can't conserve our way to a solution. So let's just blow all of the resources we have now and completely fuck up the environment. Screw it, we can't fix it, so let's just live it up now, while we still can. Good plan. Dickhead. Exactly the attitude I expect from you. Thank you for not disappointing me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home